R.V. Anderson group accepts Willis Chipman Award at 15th annual Ontario Consulting Engineering Awards.
The Willis Chipman Award, the premier award of the night at the annual Ontario Consulting Engineering Awards Gala, was presented to R.V. Anderson Associates Ltd. for its work on the East Bayfront Stormwater Management System in Toronto.
In total the Consulting Engineers of Ontario (CEO) recognized 12 outstanding engineering projects by Ontario firms at its 15th Awards Gala Saturday, held April 8 at the International Centre.
“Over the past 15 years, CEO’s awards program has turned into a well-respected event. 461 projects have been nominated for the awards. All of these projects had significant social, economic and environmental impact and most importantly, improved the quality of life of Canadians,” said Barry Steinberg, chief executive officer of CEO, in a release.
Four Awards of Excellence were handed out to Dillon Consulting, Mulvey & Banani International, Robinson Consultants and WSP. Six Awards of Merit were given to AECOM, Arup, DST Consulting Engineers, Hatch, Smith + Andersen Consulting Engineering and Parsons.
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers was given a specially created Creative Solutions Award for its ingenious way of using detection dogs to preserve endangered wildlife species.
The awards and projects:
Awards of Excellence
- Among firms with 1-50 employees: Robinson Consultants Inc. for Greenbank Road Watermain.
- Among firms with 51-100 employees: Mulvey & Banani International Inc. for Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital – Power Distribution System.
- Among firms with 101-350 employees: Dillon Consulting for Boyne Trunk Sanitary Sewer.
- Among firms with more than 350 employees: WSP Canada Inc. for David Braley and Nancy Gordon Rock Garden.
Awards of Merit
- In the Building Engineering and Science category: Smith and Andersen Consulting Engineering, for University of Toronto Scarborough Campus – Environmental Science & Chemistry Building.
- In the Environment category: DST Consulting Engineers Inc. for Natural Waterfall as Green Solution to Stormwater Conveyance for Wateridge Village.
- In the Industry, Energy and Resources category: Hatch for Oxec II Hydroelectric Project – Cellular Cofferdam.
- In the Project Management category: AECOM for Hunt Club Road Extension.
- In the Studies and Research category: Arup for a Development of Strategic Accessibility Toolkit.
- In the Transportation category: Parsons for Sir Ambrose Shea Lift Bridge Replacement.